I’m writing this in Buckeye Café at the Columbus, OH airport waiting to come back from our family vacation at Cedar Point and Origins Game Fair. It’s been such a blast riding roller coasters with our dear friends: Amy and Brooke. Valravn has the prettiest merchandise, but the Raptor is my favorite!
And then after that we headed to Columbus a couple of hours south to play two sessions of Wesley’s D&D Abandoned Campaign at Origins with Mike and Jodi. I got to see my friend John B., as well as Leonard, and Mary B. I’m learning the names of the entire staff of Sunny Street Café. (I ended up there for breakfast four days in a row. Chocolate Chip Pancakes=LOVE.)
Today I get to return home, and I am ready to get back to work. Boy, am I ready!
There are six more days to preorder my next album, Scattering Seeds on the Pomegranate Tour, on Kickstarter. Preorders are great for so many reasons:
- Preorders help fund the album of course! And you know you’ll get your copy as soon as they arrive from Oasis CDs (and I can get them into a mailer for you).
- You get updates about how the work of art you helped fund is going, and you can ask questions about it and make suggestions as it unfolds. (You can opt out of the updates from Kickstarter if you don’t want them, however.)
- Tee Shirts in your size (unisex or Ladies) can be yours! Yes, if you want a tee shirt, you get to actually make sure there will be one available to your liking. I rarely bring much merchandise to conventions, because car space and luggage weight are problematic. I’m having the tee shirts made by Aardvark Tees, a company owned by a delightfully geeky couple in Elkmont, AL.
- There are Mythic Bookmarks: beautiful works of art related to and inspired by music from this album. I commissioned a series of 12 small paintings by Starr Weems to be made into bookmarks, each one a unique interpretation of a mythological deity referenced in one or more songs on this album. (Or in the case of Jeff Vader, god of Mixing, producing all of the songs on this album.)
- There is an original short story by Seanan McGuire, New York Times best selling novelist, author of the Toby Daye series and (as Mira Grant) the Newsflesh series. The story references the title song of this album, “Scattering Seeds on the Pomegranate Tour,” and is available as a PDF at some tiers and as a limited edition hardcover chap book at others.
- This album is going to be beautiful! Funding it through Kickstarter means getting to focus on making sure it’s as beautiful as possible, and that I can get right to work on making more music to share.
Other music you say?
Yes, I’m really eager to get home, because I have one third of a new song recorded for my patrons on Patreon, and I want to finish tracking and mixing it. It’s called, “My Baby’s No Bourbon on the Rocks,” and I wrote it for Wesley for his birthday. I have scored both bass clarinet and clarinet parts for it as the primary accompaniment rather than my usual piano. It’s been running through my head on endless repeat, and I think this is the only way to get it out, so OMG I can write this other song about a sad bunny stranded in a lava lake in Minecraft. Oh oh oh! And also a creepy murderous song about a curse in a Roman bathhouse. And er, others. Yep. I need to get home soon. If you want to hear my most recent Patreon inspired song, have a listen via this link.
SIX. MORE. DAYS. And then a new chapter.